With all this extra time on my hands I’ve been able to finish one of the many projects I’ve been pondering over. This red vintage bread box hasn’t matched my kitchen for years. Today I dug out the paint from the back of my craft closet and gave it a badly needed makeover.
Here’s a before & after pic.
I don’t ordinarily paint with acrylic, but I had no choice, this color is almost a perfect match to the mid-century Jadite dinnerware I collect. I’ve looked everywhere for this color in chalk paint and it doesn’t exist. I put two coats of matte finish sealer over the acrylic, but only time will tell if the paint will hold up.
Here’s the paint & sealer I used…